Last Updated Dec. 19th, 2013
BoardEffect, LLC. complies with the U.S.–E.U. and U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. BoardEffect, LLC. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view BoardEffect, LLC.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Service Provider Collection and Use
BoardEffect collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. BoardEffect works with its Clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning, the purpose for which personal information is collected.
Service Provider, Sub-Processor/Onward Transfer
BoardEffect may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to these third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Clients.
Access to Data Controlled by our Clients
BoardEffecthas no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the BoardEffect’s Client (the data controller). If the Client requests BoardEffect to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
BoardEffect will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed provide services to our Client. BoardEffect will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Third Party Personally Identifiable Information
When using our service we provide you the option to add an alternate contact. If you choose to enter an alternate contact we will collect personally identifiable information about the contact such as their name, email address andphone number.Your alternate contact may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information Collection, Use, Choices and Data Integrity
You can generally visit our website (www.boardeffect.com) without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain areas of this site, we may ask you to contact us with questions or comments, or request more information about our services.
Due to the nature of some of these activities, we may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, title, employer/organization, address, email address and phone number, as well as any other information you elect to provide us. In certain circumstances, we also may ask for additional information about your company, such as annual operating budget, number of board members, number of committee members, and other details. We may also ask for demographic information in order to provide you with a more personalized experience.
If you request more information about our services, we may use your personally identifiable information to send you the information you have requested. We may also use this information to respond to customer service requests, and send updates about our latest events and products. We do not ask you for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our App or services.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use small text files called cookies to improve overall site and service experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies generally do not permit us to personally identify you.
We use third-party tracking services (Google Analytics) to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our website and website usage.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
We employ Google Adword and Google Analytics a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Sharing With Third Parties
BoardEffect does not rent, sell or share personally identifiable information it collects about you to or with third parties, except as follows:
- Upon request by the company that has made you an authorized user of the services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BoardEffect or the service; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of BoardEffect; or (3) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BoardEffect, its website(s), product or services or the public from harm or harassment. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you at least five (5) business days before we respond to the request.
- If BoardEffect should ever file or be subject to the filing of a petition in bankruptcy or other insolvency proceedings, or if BoardEffect should ever merge with another entity or undergo any other corporate reorganization, we may transfer and sell the information you provide to us through the service to a third party or share your personally identifiable information with any third party that acquires or succeeds to BoardEffect’s capital stock or business assets to which the services relate. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Links to Other Sites
Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of BoardEffect. If you submit personally identifiable information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.BoardEffect is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites to which www.boardeffect.com provides links.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change by contacting us by telephone, or via email, or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to any requests for access to personally identifiable information within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Support Team. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may post customer testimonials on our website which might contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name, title, and organization name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
The Security of Your Information
We use security measures (such as encryption technology) to protect your information including the personally identifiable information that we transmit and store. BoardEffect employs the following measures to secure data:
- Database level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized users from accessing or modifying the data at the database level.
- System level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the systems that the database runs on, and to all systems that can access the database.
- Network level security — the database is designed to be inaccessible to the public internet. No machine that can directly access the database can be directly accessed from the internet.
- Firewall — designed to prevent unauthorized access to the network, and to protect against attacks.
- Intrusion Detection Systems — designed to alert us to any attack that might get past the network security and firewall, so that the attack can be stopped.
- Physical security — measures designed to ensure that the machines that can access the database are physically secured so that only the operations team can access them.
- We also prohibit our employees from accessing your personally identifiable information except on a need to know basis, and even then only under confidentiality agreements. Our engineers review the security measures on a regular basis to update and strengthen these protections. No security measures are completely fail-safe or impervious to circumvention. We are not responsible for events beyond our control, including without limitation, the malicious acts or willful misconduct of hackers or any other person.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Revisions to This Policy
If you have any questions about this privacy and security statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us via email or mail us at BoardEffect, LLC., 161 Leverington Ave., Suite #1001, Philadelphia, PA 19127.